Have you listened to the talk that Archbishop Lefebvre gave after the departure of 'The Nine'?
(It was noticed that the SSPX edited the transcript posted on their website.)
For reference, read:
The Nine vs. Lefebvre: We Resist You to Your Face
Letter of “The Nine” to Archbishop Lefebvre
Archbishop Lefebvre:
"We do not follow the pope, but he is the pope."
"If I knew this was going to happen, I would have done some prohibitions before, because now, the director of this seminary, along with some professors here have taught you against my attitude, against the attitude of Écône, against the Fraternity. . .and thus there is no more authority... "
"I am doing everything possible to preserve you, to preserve the Fraternity, to preserve the seminary; to save the seminary, to save your priesthood; But to say : 'I must change , ...we cannot continue, it is impossible. ..(...I cannot change ...). They refuse to be confirmed in my attitude, they refuse. I spoke with Fr. Sanborn during 3 hours and he refused . What can I do? It is a very grave pity. So I cannot give you ordinations now, before I can know for sure if you are with the Fraternity, or against the Fraternity. I am going to wait for you to answer my question, 'yes' , or 'no', you accept the liturgy of Pope John XXIII. If you say you refuse, well, your place is not here"
Audio found here in 3 parts: https://thecatacombs.org/showthread.php?tid=3592&pid=8220#pid8220
Finding the audio difficult to hear at times, the following transcript helped.
Text found here: https://archive.org/details/LefebvreRidgefield8283A/page/n7/mode/2up