Advertisement

Main Ad

Question regarding sedevacantism


If sedevacantism is true, how would our loving God have permitted so many of us to be deceived and for so long?

Answer from a friend:

Like most things that are part of His plan, we don’t know or understand but we can be certain that it is permitted only in order to bring about a greater good than if he hadn’t permitted it. I think of Joseph’s being sold into slavery by his brothers, which must have seemed completely against God’s plan at the time, but it was allowed because it was part of a greater plan.

Would God allow so many to remain deceived for so long? 

Well, He told us it would happen:

“But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?” - Luke 18:8

He told us why:

“...because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Therefore, God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity.” - 2 Thess 2:10-11

He assures us He has a good purpose:

“And we know that to them that love God, all things work together unto good, to such as, according to his purpose, are called to be saints.” - Romans 8:28

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are exalted above the earth, so are my ways exalted above your ways, and my thoughts above your thoughts. And as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return no more thither, but soak the earth, and water it, and make it to spring, and give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be, which shall go forth from my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall do whatsoever I please, and shall prosper in the things for which I sent it.” - Isaias 55:8-11




Editing to add...

Q. But what about the billions of Catholics around the world?

There are more Muslims than Catholics but that doesn’t make Islam true.