Advertisement

Main Ad

The problems with "Saint" Faustina and the Divine Mercy devotion

 


Reasons for concern:

1) wording of the messages (theologically questionable)

2) image itself (hides Sacred Heart, doesn't display His wounds)

3) "useless imitations or corruptions of similar ones which are already legitimately established.” 

"We may never know for sure the exact reasoning of the consultors of the Holy Office for rejecting this devotion. It could have been for one, two, or all three of the reasons we have given, as well as others unknown to us. Be that as it may, the fact is that the devotion to the Divine Mercy, after having been suppressed by the Holy Office in 1959, is now widely promoted in the Conciliar Church, whereas the solid and divinely-willed devotion to the Sacred Heart is all but forgotten."

- Fr. Benedict Hughes, CMRI 

Read in full >> The Divine Mercy Devotion: Why Did the Holy Office Ban It?





Examples from her diary:

587 -- Once, I suddenly saw Jesus in great majesty, and He spoke these words to me: My daughter, if you wish, I will this instant create a new world, more beautiful than this one, and you will live there for the rest of your life. I answered, "I don't want any worlds. I want You, Jesus. I want to love You, with the same love that You have for me. I beg You for only one thing: to make my heart capable of loving you. I am very much surprised at Your offer, my Jesus; what are those worlds to me? Even if You gave me a thousand of them, what are they to me? You know very well, Jesus, that my heart is dying of longing for You. Everything that is not You is nothing to me." -At that moment, I could no longer see anything, but a strange force took over my soul, a strange fire sprang up in my heart, and I entered into a kind of agony for Him. Then I heard these words: With no other soul do I unite myself as closely and in such a way as I do with you, and this because of the deep humility and ardent love which you have for Me.

707 -- October 2, 1936. The First Friday of the month. After Holy Communion, I suddenly saw the Lord Jesus, who spoke these words to me: Now I know that it is not for the graces or gifts that you love me, but because My will is dearer to you than life. That is why I am uniting myself with you so intimately as with no other creature.

824 -- In this seclusion, Jesus himself is my Master. He himself educates and instructs me. I feel that I am the object of His special action. For His inscrutable purposes and unfathomable decrees, He unites me to Himself in a special way and allows me to penetrate His incomprehensible mysteries. There is one mystery which unites me with the Lord, of which no one-not even angels-may know. And even if I wanted to tell of it, I would not know how to express it. And yet, I live by it and will live by it for ever. This mystery distinguishes me from every other soul here on earth or in eternity.

"In April 1938, Sister Faustina read the canonization of St. Andrew Bobola and was filled with longing and tears that her congregation might have its own saint. Then she affirms the following: “And the Lord Jesus said to me, Don’t cry. You are that saint.” (1650). These are words that most certainly no true saint would affirm, but rather his sinfulness and unworthiness of his congregation. This presumption in her writings is not isolated. She praises herself on several occasions through the words supposedly uttered by Jesus. 

Listen to this interior locution, for example: “Beloved pearl of My Heart, I see your love so pure, purer than that of the angels, and all the more so because you keep fighting. For your sake I bless the world.” (1061). 

On May 23, 1937 she describes a vision of the Holy Trinity, after which she heard a voice saying: “Tell the Superior General to count on you as the most faithful daughter in the Order” (1130). 

It is consequently hardly surprising that Sister Faustina claimed to be exempt from the Particular and General Judgments. On February 4, 1935, she already claimed to hear this voice in her soul: “From today on, do not fear God’s judgment, for you will not be judged” (374). Add to this the preposterous affirmation that the host three times over jumped out of the tabernacle and placed itself in her hands (44), so that she had to open up the tabernacle herself and place it back in there, tells the story of a presumption on God’s grace which goes beyond all reason, let alone as the action of a person supposedly favored with innumerable and repeated mystical and supernatural graces." - Fr. Peter R. Scott

 JPII is intricately linked with the false devotion.

"a purported “heavenly” endorsement of John Paul II and his teachings
 (and thus the entire Novus Ordo religion)"


"Viewers may be shocked to learn that the artist who painted the original Divine Mercy Image, Eugene Kazimirowski, was a freemason who eventually killed himself. But before his death, he painted self portraits portraying himself as Judas Iscariot, the disciple who betrayed Jesus." 


"One of the things the nun is supposed to have taught is that if one goes to Communion on the First Sunday after Easter, one is sure of salvation. This ridiculous idea is on a par with other devotions that claim to guarantee salvation for some easily performed present action."

Newspaper clipping from 1959 from: Ascent of Mt. Carmel