Advertisement

Main Ad

What Is a Traditional Catholic? by Rev. Michael DeSaye

"There is no other properly Catholic position to take among traditional Catholics today except sedevacantism.

Sedevacantism is not a dangerous fringe ideology for extremist right-wing fanatics as it is always portrayed. It is the only truly Catholic assessment of the present crisis in the church. In fact, not only is it the correct assessment, it is actually something that all Catholics are bound by their faith to profess. Notice I say 'bound by their faith'. It is not a matter of opinion nor is it something optional. Catholics need to get to the point where they say if I admit that the Vatican II alleged popes are true popes, then it follows that I must deny my faith in the infallibility and indefectibility of the Catholic Church. I would have to admit that my Lord and my Savior who died on the cross for me gave to me a defective Church whose teachings and commandments could at any time change on a dime and lead me and all other Catholics straight into hell. It would be a Church against which the gates of hell would have prevailed. But I cannot admit this, my faith prevents me from admitting it and I need this faith for my salvation. I am bound by my baptism to profess this faith whole and entire not only interiorly but exteriorly. Therefore, to save my faith and my salvation, I must profess the nullity of all the alleged popes since Vatican II. All Catholics are bound to do this. Were we to concede the papacy to them, we would forfeit the virtue of faith and there is never any justifying reason why we can forfeit the virtue of faith. Our Lord said "he that believeth not shall be condemned". It is not a matter of opinion. It is not a radical right-wing theory. It is not a matter of canon law. It is a matter of faith, the faith without which we cannot be saved."

From this sermon: